DENDRITES 2014 Heraklion, Crete, Greece. July 1-4, 2014
* * * * * SECOND CALL FOR ABSTRACTS * * * * *
Abstract submission for poster and oral presentation is open until March 10, 2014.
Dendrites 2014 aims to bring together scientists from around the world to present their research on dendrites, ranging from the molecular to the anatomical and biophysical levels.
With the backdrop of an informal yet spectacular setting on Crete, the meeting has been carefully planned to not only satisfy our scientific curiosity but also foster discussion and encourage interaction between attendees well beyond traditional presentations.
FORMAT AND SPEAKERS
The meeting consists of the Main Event (July 1-3) and the Soft Skills Day (July 4). Invited speakers for the Main Event include:
* Susumu Tonegawa (Nobel Laureate),
* Angus Silver,
* Tiago Branco,
* Alcino J. Silva,
* Michael Häusser,
* Julietta U. Frey,
* Stefan Remy, and
* Kristen Harris.
For the Soft Skills Day, Kerri Smith, Nature podcast editor, is going to present on communication and dissemination of scientific results. Alcino J. Silva (UCLA) will present his recent work on developing tools for integrating and planning research in Neuroscience. There will be a hands on session on tools used to model neural cells/networks and a talk about the advantages of publishing under the Creative Commons License.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Submission of abstracts for poster and oral presentations are due by 10 March 2014; notifications will be provided by late March 2014. We welcome both experimental and theoretical contributions addressing novel findings related to dendrites. For details, please see http://dendrites2014.gr/call/.
Electronic abstract submission is hosted on the Frontiers platform, where extended abstracts will be published (Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience). One of the authors has to register for the main event as a presenting author. Frontiers publishing fees are included in the registration. In case an abstract is not accepted for presentation, the registration fee will be refunded.
Dendrites 2014 will be hosted by FORTH, and is being organized as part of the Marie Curie Initial Training Network NAMASEN and the ERC Starting Grant dEMORY.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Please see the conference web site (http://dendrites2014.gr/), subscribe to our twitter (https://twitter.com/dendrites2014) or RSS feeds (http://dendrites2014.gr/rss_feed/news.xml), or send an email to email@example.com.
- AINI 2018 Report (2018-12-27 14:13:41)
- FORCE2018 Participation Report (2018-12-26 18:06:50)
- The 75th Fujihara Seminar participation report (2018-12-18 18:14:33)
- Neuroscience 2018 participation reports (2018-11-21 17:43:56)
- INCF Japan Node Demo at the 75th FUJIHARA Seminar (Tokyo) (2018-11-20 15:07:35)
- 18th China-Japan-Korea Joint workshop, Neurobiology and Neuroinformatics, NBNI2018, Jeju Island (2018-11-20 14:42:56)
- AINI 2018: Extension of the deadline for abstract submission (2018-11-13 16:28:03)
- INCF Japan Node Demo at the JSCPB2018 (Kobe) (2018-11-06 11:13:27)
- INCF Japan Node Presentation schedule at Neuroscience 2018 San Diego, CA (2018-10-19 11:28:37)
- AINI 2018 RIKEN Wako, Dec. 21-22, 2018 (2018-09-19 15:04:32)