The RIKEN OPEN DAY Wako was held on April 22, 2017. The number of participants was 8,700 in total.
On the day, Neuroinformatics Japan Center (NIJC) demonstrated J-Node databases and research results by members of Brain/MINDS project and NIJC graduate students. In addition, NIJC held a hands-on event: " Find your subjective color by spinning a top". These demonstrations were well attended all day. For example, 300 sets of J-Node Brochure and 1,700 sheets of Illusion images were distributed.
At the hands-on event, participants enjoyed seeing subjective colors by spinning Benham's Top. In one corner, participants created their own white-black patterns on the top and enjoyed the color illusion caused by spinning them. In the other corner, each participants was asked to match colors from the color samples with the illusionary colors they saw from spinning a Benham's Top. In total, 300 questionnaires sheets were submitted in this corner by children, parents, students and elderly people. Through the the quesionnaire summary on a poster, we could find the variation of subjective colors based on the individual reports.
We deeply appreciate all the participants for their kind cooperation with the demonstration.
At the same time, we apologize for any inconvenience caused due to possible lack of guidance at the crowded venue.
Finally, we plan to publish further information related to the hands-on event topic. along with a summary of the questionnaires on our portal at a later date.
We look forward to seeing you again at next year's RIKEN OPEN DAY.
Neuroinformatics Japan Center
RIKEN OPEN DAY : See at RIKEN web site
Benham's Top : See at WIKIPEDIA
- AINI 2018 Report (2018-12-27 14:13:41)
- FORCE2018 Participation Report (2018-12-26 18:06:50)
- The 75th Fujihara Seminar participation report (2018-12-18 18:14:33)
- Neuroscience 2018 participation reports (2018-11-21 17:43:56)
- INCF Japan Node Demo at the 75th FUJIHARA Seminar (Tokyo) (2018-11-20 15:07:35)
- 18th China-Japan-Korea Joint workshop, Neurobiology and Neuroinformatics, NBNI2018, Jeju Island (2018-11-20 14:42:56)
- AINI 2018: Extension of the deadline for abstract submission (2018-11-13 16:28:03)
- INCF Japan Node Demo at the JSCPB2018 (Kobe) (2018-11-06 11:13:27)
- INCF Japan Node Presentation schedule at Neuroscience 2018 San Diego, CA (2018-10-19 11:28:37)
- AINI 2018 RIKEN Wako, Dec. 21-22, 2018 (2018-09-19 15:04:32)