On the day, Neuroinformatics Japan Center (NIJC) demonstrated J-Node databases and research results by members of Brain/MINDS project and NIJC graduate students. In addition, NIJC held a hands-on event: " Find your subjective color by spinning a top". These demonstrations were well attended all day. For example, 300 sets of J-Node Brochure and 1,700 sheets of Illusion images were distributed.
At the hands-on event, participants enjoyed seeing subjective colors by spinning Benham's Top. In one corner, participants created their own white-black patterns on the top and enjoyed the color illusion caused by spinning them. In the other corner, each participants was asked to match colors from the color samples with the illusionary colors they saw from spinning a Benham's Top. In total, 300 questionnaires sheets were submitted in this corner by children, parents, students and elderly people. Through the the quesionnaire summary on a poster, we could find the variation of subjective colors based on the individual reports.
We deeply appreciate all the participants for their kind cooperation with the demonstration.
At the same time, we apologize for any inconvenience caused due to possible lack of guidance at the crowded venue.
Finally, we plan to publish further information related to the hands-on event topic. along with a summary of the questionnaires on our portal at a later date.
We look forward to seeing you again at next year's RIKEN OPEN DAY.
Neuroinformatics Japan Center
RIKEN OPEN DAY : See at RIKEN web site
Benham's Top : See at WIKIPEDIA
- NBNI 2017 RIKEN Wako, Sep 30 - Dec 1 (2017-08-17 13:57:40)
- NIX-odML Global Hackathon 2017 in Japan (2017-08-16 18:00:08)
- Report on the demonstration in Neuroscience 2017 Makuhari (2017-08-16 17:02:00)
- Nodes Workshop in May 2017 Oslo Report (2017-08-15 17:31:21)
- Announcement for Advances in Neuroinformatics (AINI)2017 (2017-07-20 10:30:32)
- INCF Japan Node Demo at the Neuroscience 2017 in Makuhari, Chiba (2017-07-11 10:28:56)
- JNNS 2017, Sep 20-22 Kitakyusyu (2017-06-19 11:41:22)
- AINI 2017 RIKEN Wako, Nov. 20-21, 2017 (2017-05-16 12:50:29)
- Neuroinformatics 2017 Abstract Submission Deadline Extended to May 30 (2017-05-08 16:12:20)
- Demonstration Report on RIKEN OPEN DAY (2017-04-24 16:22:47)